Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday March 3rd, 2011

Today was Ky's first experience with a trotting grid. His performance was fantastic! He is turning into a really nice riding horse. I'm so proud of him! What a difference in him from one year ago. Even 6 months ago!


I am learning alot about handling horses from Ky. I see him reflecting my attitudes and feelings while I am working with him. When I am feeling confident, he shows me trust. When I feel afraid, he shows me fear. Even though this is a principle that I have taught for years, I have never seen it like this before. I have never tried to break a horse before either, so maybe it has something to do with him being so young and moldable. In any case, my biggest challenges in this job (namely, getting on Ky's back) have caused me to be a better person when I come out on the far side of them. I am more careful, cautious, but more determined than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment