Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lessons Today

As I walked through the field today while feeding breakfast to the horses, I was simultaneously sloshing through water and crunching on icy snow. There is about 4 inches of standing water in the arena, and what part of the paddock that is NOT under water is slick, half-frozen slush.

As much as I hate to cancel lessons, conditions are just too dangerous for riding today. So take the day off everyone and stay warm. I'll see you all here next week at the same time. If you have any questions about scheduling just give me a call. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I really missed going today but didnt really want to be riding/working in the rain... cant wait for next week though(: hopefully next week the weather wont be bad .

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I hope so too! The arena was flooded tuesday, and underneath the water there was still snow on the ground, so It was really slick. But today it was not so bad, the water is soaking in and the ground is drying up so its looking good! Maybe we will have some more sunny days after this snow tonight, so we'll see. See you tuesday!

    ReplyDelete