Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Kid on the Block

Hey guys,
I just wanted to introduce you to the new kid on the farm. Well, the new lady actually. This is a 13 year old Quarter Horse mare "Streakin Sherry". She is in foal and due sometime this spring.
Here we are leaving the farm. She has almost Arabian-like features in her head and neck. She is a smaller built Quarter horse with really pretty straight legs


Arrival at her new home


She was quite excited to meet everyone on the farm, although the rest of the herd pretty much ignored her after a few sniffs. In no time she settled in and I released her with the rest of the herd the next morning.

So... I don't want to call her Streakin Sherry for the rest of her life, so leave a comment with a suggestion for a good, creative barn name for her! See you all soon!

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! she's beautiful!!!! I'm soo excited for you!! cant wait to see her on Tuesday:) when is she gonna have the baby?

    andrew wanted to suggest: Butterscotch, Cupcake, Cinderella, and Wendy

    well here's just a few different names:

    Lily
    Camellia
    Anastasia
    Juliet
    Misty
    Channel
    Nellie
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these names. My favorite of these would be butterscotch and sierra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is a beautiful horse! she reminds me of Sugar an arabian quarter horse at my grandpa's farm! to me I own Sugar. she was the first horse I trotted on. THANKS SUGAR!!!!! oh and I think you should call the horse ginger or brownie! I'll post some pics of Sugar on Facebook !

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I forgot Sugar is 8 Years old she will turn 9 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool christina! tag me on them so I can find them on fb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i keep accidentally calling her "Brandi" haha...idk. and kaylee, i like the name sierra

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, I used to call Beauty a certain name alll the time before her actual name was chosen, I cant remember what I called her though...

    ReplyDelete